Sunday, February 23, 2014
The Throats (Mike O'Shaughnessy) have recorded a bunch of cover songs throughout his career. Borrower Deluxe collects these recordings from 1995-2005 (the title is an expanded version of the 1999 ep Borrower). Completely self-indulgent (and often flat) without an audience in mind, Borrower Deluxe will occasionally interest but often bore the listener ("Song from M*A*S*H" immediately comes to mind). But if Rod Stewart and Elvis Costello can do it, why not the Throats?
Performed and recorded by the Throats (guitars, bass, percussion, keyboards, computer noises, etc.) in bedrooms, living rooms, basements and one bathroom in North Carolina, New York and Oregon.
Below is the list of songs followed by the artists who popularized them.
01. Wear Your Love Like Heaven (Donovan)
02. Her Town (James Taylor)
03. Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue? (Crystal Gayle)
04. Ana Ng (They Might Be Giants)
05. Just Remember I Love You (Firefall)
06. Snowbird (Anne Murray)
07. Walk On By (Dionne Warwick)
08. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
09. Photographs & Memories (Jim Croce)
10. It Must Be Love (Madness)
11. Up On the Roof (Laura Nyro)
12. To Make You Feel My Love (Bob Dylan)
13. Bobby Jean (Bruce Springsteen)
14. Cocaine (Jackson Brown)
15. Song from M*A*S*H
16. 88 Lines About 44 Women (The Nails)
17. I Got a Name (Jim Croce)
18. Blasphemous Rumours (Depeche Mode)
19. Men Without Women (Little Steven & the Disciples of Soul)
20. Factory (Bruce Springsteen)
21. Make a Circuit With Me (The Polecats)
22. Sunday Bloody Sunday (U2)
Down the zipped album here for free.